Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend at Shannons


This weekend has been pretty sweet. My parents showed up Friday evening after spending a few days on the road from Texas and stopping for a day in Savannah, GA to enjoy the town.


Saturday morning we got up and headed over to Ash's parent's house to just chill by the pool and let Taylor swim. We saw a bunch of dark clouds and a wall of rain off in the distance, and it didn't take long for it to roll into Chesapeake. It was the beginning of hours of solid, hard down pour.




We left about 1p and headed out to Carrollton, where my sister lives. We had just about though we had beat out the rain, but no such luck. It started out that way and just soaked everything. But it didn't ruin the day. It fizzled out and our family cookout commenced. There were twenty-two (I think) of us havinga good 'ol time eating out BBQ pulled pork, hamburgers, hot dogs, great slaw and other fixin's. After eating the kids went out and got wet and muddy jumpin' in all the puddles. Ahhh simple pleasures.










On Sunday I woke up relatively early to make it out to Carrollton to meet up with Scott, Jerry, and my dad to work on the kennels. It was basically a full day of framing walls. Lots of hamering, ratcheting, measuring, sawing etc. It was hot too, which IMO really sucked, reminded me of building our unit TOC out in Iraq.



Around 530p my Grandparents showed up to hang out with my mom and my Aunt who had been hanging around and visiting. After all the work we joined them and had a nice steak dinner. My sister made some raspberry Mohito's that I proceeded to spike. Being as such, I slept there the night. Was up nice and early this morning so Ash could go to work. Great weekend!






No comments: