Sunday, June 7, 2009

Great day out, 9 wheats!


Today started off the same as most any other lazy Sunday. I slept in until about 1pm. I just couldn't find the strength to get up, I was so exhausted... though not sure from what.


We all got ready, I packed up the XLT, and out to Chesapeake we went, over to Ash's parents house just to hang out and be lazy all day by the pool.



We got the grill fired up, seasoned and formed up some hamburgers and brats, cooked 'em up and had a nice lil' outting poolside with a beer.




After all that, it was time to get down to business. I started in the front yard, and was pulling a good amount of coins, not much trash, and a few wheats. I then headed around back where I found mostly trash, but did land my first toy gun. I've seen so many people dig up toy guns and now I finally feel complete having done so.



I ended up back in the front, as that is what was producing. Targets were all over, dimes and memorials were really poppin'. I also scored another nickel spill.



A good thing from this hunt was starting to be able to really tell what I might be digging. Nickels definitely hit at +20/21, any higher than that and it was never a nickel, but probably a pull tab. I was also able to see the difference between newer and older pennies. Your average memorial tended to hit in the +60s, whereas the wheats would hit higher, or come up as a dime. And about those dime hits, at 5-7" I was really hoping for some silver... no luck.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Good Job!

Burgers look great too...