Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hopeful Site Too Trashy, Skunked

Today was just supposed to be a nice day of doing nothing, staying home, relaxing, etc. But it was not to be. After lunch I was talked into taking the lil one over to her grandpa's auto shop to ride her bike and hang out. Knowing the area the shop is in, I figured it might be a good spot to hit with the XLT.


Well long story short, it wasn't. I knew it would be trashy, but sheesh. I couldn't land a solid signal that wasn't trash. I kicked myself for forgetting the Blue Max DD at home, 'cuz it might have made the area a little more tolerable... but the 950 just couldn't cope. I gave up after maybe 15 minutes.


The site is a grassy area between a couple brick buildings that operate as a church, and an auto repair complex. The land is owned by my g/f's uncle, so I had free reign. The larger building used to be a construction/roofing business years and years ago. Now my g/f's dad fixes up and restores cars out of it.





Being that I was skunked, I figured I'd take you on a brief visual strole around. Enjoy.







After all that I just HAD to stop by double-D for 32oz of liquid heaven, French Vanilla Iced Coffee Extra-Light and Extra-Sweet.


No comments: