Friday, June 5, 2009

Rainy Night Out, Hunt Cut Short


So I went out tonight will full intention of putting the new Blue Max Shooter Coil to a good test. It had been raining off and on all day, so I knew it was gonna be hit or miss.


On the drive over to the church playground I had in mind, having never hit it before, the rain all but stopped... I was happy.


The first 15 minutes or so weren't bad. A few misquitos were out, and it was lightly drizzling. Having never used a small coil like this, it just felt awkward. But I got used to it and starting picking up a few coins here and there. And by a few, I mean only a few. Either this lot has been hit before, or kids just don't drop stuff here. The coil had no problem finding lots of trashy items in the +20 - +40 range though.


Pinpointing with the small coil was spot on, I was surprised at that. Not being concentric I though I'd have a hard time with that, but it was a breeze. However, the depth readings it gave while pinpointing were FAR off. A lot of 4-6" deep targets that were really 1-3" deep. No big deal, but something to take note of.


Sadly, maybe half an hour in, with only maybe $0.30 to speak of, the rain really started coming down. I had prepared the machine at home with plastic wrap and duct tape to keep water out, but even I wasn't gonna stand for the downpour.

No comments: