Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Chesapeake Silver


I slept in today, wayyy in. Didn't really get moving til near 1pm. But I had plenty to look forward to, off to Chesapeake to the g/f's parents place... and you know what that means.


I packed up the equipment, loaded up some burgers to grille and headed out. Everyone was hungry so you know food came first. The bacon double cheeseburgers I grilled up masterfully we're amazing.


Next up was metal detecting time. There is a small tree in the front yard that was sporting a little bit of shade, so I put all my stuff there to keep it close if I needed it. About 6 feet towards the house from the tree I got my first signal. And it was a good one. The same one I have come to know recently as the XLT "silver sound." Sure enough, about 5" down, my first dig was a '51` Rosie! I really wanted to take a pic of the hunt in progress, but though I had my camera, the SD card I left in the PC at home, so no dice.


My next 4 signals were all deep wheats. It's really amazing how they just keep coming up. Each time I hunt here I think I have found everything, then the next time I just find more.


I had accumulated about a dozen coins when I was about to call it a day, it was freakin' hot out. Just doing some casual swinging I heard a nice high pitched tone in my ears. I look down and don't see anything on the screen. I take a step back and give it a swing and hear it again, this time with a +81 showing up. It would only hit in one direction, but I decided to give the signal a shot. A +81 at around 7" could be promising. After a bit of diggin, and chasing the signal around a bit... there it was... a '43 Merc. A complete surprise for this yard.


After sweating for nearly an hour it was pool time. The perfect way to cool day and relax!


13 coins @ $0.49 2 silvers and 5 wheats

No comments: