Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to the hunt, Tallwood Apartments

I last hunted Tuesday night. That being after being out pretty much every day for a week straight. My knees were swollen and I needed a break. Fast forward two days to now, and they are feeling much better.


I decided not to travel to hunt, and just pick here and there aroundmy apartments. I've never done a real thorough search here. Sure the big field yielded one wheat months ago, and I found about $4 in change in the sandy tot lot... but the grounds I never really took the time to hit.


After reading about my buddy Dave Wise finding some neat stuff just eyeballing around his place, I figured I'd hunt mine and see what I could find. As soon as I got out there was an eletrical storm, but far enough off in the distance to not cause too much havok on the XLT. I was picking up the lightning strikes, but it wasn't bad enough to ruin the hunt.


I meandered around pulling over $2 in clad over 34 coins, a few pull tabs, the front loader section of a toy loader, and a peculiar red painted nickel sized disc. Probly a punch out of some sort, it rang up nice, about as thick as a dime, but I could bend it in half.




I also caught a hint that someone lost a gold chain behind my building. I'm gonna search it with my X30, as I have no idea to really tell gold specifically yet with the XLT. For example... on my X30 a nickel rings up as a +12, pulltab +16, gold usually lower, like +4 or +8. On the XLT, the VDI range for gold is like +10 through +30, give or take... too many options to dig.

No comments: