Monday, June 8, 2009

Atlantic Shores Honey Hole!


A little after 6pm tonight I get a message from Hollis wanting to meet up at the beach for an evening hunt. Well unfortunately, being tight on money, and the 20 mile trip to the beach each way, it was outta the question as far as gas goes.


But good for me, I had been thinking of a place hunt all day. There is a large multi-purpose field across the street from me that gets heavy use from the church school adjacent to it, and also by the church itself hosting events. Why I never hunted it before when it's a 5 minute walk away is beyond me.


I head on over, suit up, and bam, within the first 30 mins I'm over $1 in clad. I stayed hunting around for almost an hour forty five, just constantly landing coin after coin after coin. I scored 3, $0.50 spills or greater. One being a 10 coin spill equalling $1.08 under a big tree up by the roots.


Sadly there was no gold or silver to be had But I did manage a heavy Hello Kitty charm, nice and thick, rang up like a dime so I figured silver when it came outta the ground. No marks, and the "silver" is flaking off on the side. I also found the bangle bracelet and little heart button.



This was my biggest monetary clad total ever. I've easily dug more coins, I think 80 some is my most, but never this much in total amount. 47 coins @ $5.25. Two of the ugliest pennies I've ever dug, and not much trash either. One thing of note, is I landed 4 more nickels... the XLT is really good at nabbing them.



I'll be back to this site a few more times, plenty of clad around I'm sure to waste a few more hours!

No comments: