Saturday, June 6, 2009

6/6 Tallwood Elem


After being rained out two nights ago, I really had the itch to get back out there and get a good hunt in. This time, there was no weather on my toes, so I headed out at about 7pm, hoping to get the last hour of light in for the hunt.


I started my search in the grass around the tot lot. I know the playground itself has nothing to offer, so I didn't bother. I also figured there would be tons of trash around hte outside, but was going to give it ago and hope for the best. I landed some coinage, and the occasional piece of trash that sounded too good not to dig.


After that I just started a no rhyme or reason pattern around the fields. It's such a large area to cover, but I was bound to get lucky now and then, About an hour in a scored a 5 nickel pocket spill. None of them old, but it was neat. One thing about this school, if you're looking for old coins, this place doesn't have them.



The hunt continued to go well, getting a few coins here and there. I also landed to small charms. One a butterfly, the other a rather thick, solid heart with the letter "K" inscribed on it. It rang up at about +61, maybe a tad higher, and while digging it, I guessed it was a memorial penny.


No comments: