Thursday, June 18, 2009

An hour behind 5721

With the family here and all the rain we've been having I've been slacking on getting out at night. Wayyyy too many early mornings lately. But anyhow, I was tinkering with my XLT earlier in the day, trying to make a "better" coin program that what is already factory preset. So, using the factory program as a template, I adjusted a few things and changed up the discrimination scales. I knew what I wanted by taking coins I have, from as small as half dimes, right up through dollars, and waiving them in front of the coil. I made myself a coin chart to see what VDI they all come up as. The ONLY coin that would not register with my new settings was a Flying Eagle Cent. I don't plan on finding any right around here so no big deal.


Anyhow, at about 9p, right after TrueBLOOD on HBO, I headed out behind my building, 5721 to see what I could find. My new settings were very stable and really seemed to lock on targets well... though none were any deeper than 3" by my estimate.


I did land a little trash, but with the signals twist caps, beer tops, and aluminum trash items give off, I was bound to.



So here's the haul, 42 coins @ $1.58, a set of very small keys, and an Imperial Play Money Quarter, which is plastic. Found it on top.


No comments: