Monday, June 22, 2009

Atlantic Shores, Hour Before the Storm

Tonight I really had to get out. It was that... or effin' Jon and Kate Plus 8. Guess what I chose!? I got outta the house at about 8:15p and drove the 500ft. over to my spot in the huge field at the corner of Kempsville and Centerville at Atlantic Shores. I figured my honey hole I hit last week would be a great place to return to with my XLT program that's been finding some sweet loot lately.


Pulling in to the parking lot I could already see dark clouds in the distance that didn't look to friendly. I don't remember rain in the forecast, but kept the view under advisement. With a few minutes I could hear thunder in the distance and see an occasional flash of lightning.


With a light drizzle coming down, and the XLT starting to give a reaction to the lightning I stuck it out for an hour, give or take a few minutes. I was happy to find the coins I did, glad the spot is still givin' up the dimes and quarters



It was pleasant to pull a '49 wheatie, the second I've wrangled from the field. I also pulled a just shy of quarter size metal disc that is very smooth on both sides, and one edge is rounded. In the pic you'll see that on the edge, it looks like it twisted off something, so it's probably a punchout.




27 coins total @ $2.10.



Made it home to count the loot and enjoy a BL Lime on the patio.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

u didn't have to watch there is more than 1 tv in the house... :)