Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Second Day at "The Hole"

All day I had my mind set that I was going back to the Atlantic Shores field for round 2 of picking clad and whatever else may come. However, around 3pm, mother nature seemed to want to step in and keep me from it. For the next few hours we had some crazy downpour!



All while it was going on, I said to myself, "If it stop before 7pm I'm good to go for tonight." Well... it didn't. But around 930pm it did finally give up, so off I went.


I showed up, got my stuff together, and hit the field confident I would find a good amount of clad. Though it didn't come as quickly as the previous day, I was surprised that on my third hit, I pulled an unknown date wheat penny! It was mighty deep too, probly 7" or so. Definitely the deepest hit I've dug so far. It just sounded off so solid, at that depth I couldn't help but dig.



About 30 minutes in I got a feline visitor. A small white cat, very clean showed up. I figure it must have been an abandoned house cat, or snuck out from home, because with the storms we just had, any white outdoor cat would not have been that clean. It was friendly, but sketchy. Seemed very out of place. Poor kitty.



The rest of the hunt went as expected. Lots of clad and little trash. Unfortunately I have no small jewelry items like charms or what have you to share this time around, but $3.50+ in clad over 55 coins, I'll take it! Included in there is a 1970 Canadian Penny.



No comments: