Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Physical Wear & Tear

Hey all. Today I wanted to discuss something that as hobbyists, hits us at one time or another. Physical wear and tear. A fellow MD blogger recently wrote on this subject, HERE, and now after really feeling it myself, I thought I'd share a few words.


I've more or less gotten out for a hunt everyday since June 1st. Today, I had to tell myself to take a break for a few days. Why? Well on my last hunt, my right knee was killing me. I had a great hunt two days earlier but did not wear knee pads. Since then, even with the pads, after a few ups and downs it really starts to hurt.


That night I my right knee was pretty swolen, you could really feel it. So my advice to you diggers out there. If you own knee pads, always wear them... if you don't own a pair and you're knees are hurting, do yourself a favor and invest in a couple, they are cheap.


Here's a picture of a knee. The blue fiberous area behind the patella is what hurts and is swollen. It's an area called the prepatellar bursa I think.


No comments: