Sunday, June 28, 2009

3 More Silvers, CHX


Yet another day out in Chesapeake! It was nice overcast, and warm for yet another day by the pool and grilling out in Chesapeake. And once again I brought the XLT just in case I had an opportunity to find more silver.



I started the day off in my normal sle made coin program, hunted around a bit, found a wheat or two and some deep memorials. I was then surprised to score a sweet '54 Rosie not far from where I found one the day before.




After a few more clad finds I called time and went and enjoyed a burger and dog, hit up the pool, and take some pics of the birds flying around riverside today.





I brought my machine out back. where I never find anything due to a foot or more of fill dirt that is everywhere, but decided to crank up the preamp to 4, and I hit a few memorials like this. Then I got to thinking, maybe it'll help me out front too


Sure enough, with the preamp up, I was getting an extra inch or two in depth, or so it seemed. My first score was a nice deep '53 Quarter. The signal was real nice, and with the depth I really had my fingers crossed. I headed back up the driveway and not a foot from where I had dug the previous day (I could tell 'cuz some dirt was outside the plug) I got another sweet sounding hit. BAM, another '54 Rosie




Just another great day at this site. 18 coins @ $1.05 3 silvers and 4 wheats.


No comments: