Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Larchmont Silver on Manchester


Two days ago I sent my sister-in-law a message of Facebook letting her know I wanted to stop by again. Right after sending it I remembered they were in Denmark for the week and wouldn't be there... so I had it all to myself.


I found this to be yet again another opportunity for my self tuned XLT program to work it's magic, and it didn't dissapoint. My first 5 solid signals were all wheats at about 5"... good day already


I did start in the front yard where my X30 had trouble with the power lines, unfortunately, the XLT was even worse and I couldn't land a diggable signal to save my life. So I headed around the side towards the back. On the side, about 3 feet from the gate I started hitting signals. The first was a 3 wheat spill, about 2 feet to the side of that was my first merc for the day, a '43.




After about half an hour, possibly even less I get word from the lil one that she has to go to the bathroom Of course she does, darned little kid bladders. I don't have keys to the place, so it's not like she can go there. I had just hit a signal and told her if it was a silver dime like I thought it was, we'd leave... lucky her Nice '41 Merc popped out.




The short day was great though, 15 coins @ $0.42, but with 6 wheats and 2 mercs, great hunt in my book. And only 2 trash finds, a lead fishing weight and a small washer. Now I just need to get back over there to get the other half of the yard before I go back out on the boat next week.




UPDATE


So being that my hunt was cut super short by having to leave so the lil one could pee, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to get back. At about 9p tonight I drove back out there, it was killing me.


I got right back to where I stopped and quicky landed a wheat, a few steps later, only a few feet from one of the mercs I found earlier in the day, I got that tell all signal right around 5", BAM, '24 merc sitting perty, though very worn




I was hoping to land at least one more, but no luck. Did score a second wheat, and then a '47 Nickel about in the same spot I had found a '49 and '43-P nickel on my hunt here a few months back.


Glad I made it back out, 9 coins @ $0.31... but with silver and 2 wheats who can complain!


No comments: