Saturday, June 20, 2009

Taco Bell + Stratford Chase Park

So last night after leaving a private party at Croc's down at the beach, the g/f was craving a Volcano Burrito from Taco Bell. Well I didn't indulge her. This morning, craving was still there. So about 2pm this afternoon I took her and the lil one to Taco Bell. And what do you know, as we are walking in, I spy something glimmering on the ground... it's a bracelet, looks gold!



Both the clasp and one of the little hearts is stamped "925 PCDA China." So then maybe plated silver?



This adds with my eye-spy finds... found at least one coin per day for the past two weeks... pretty amazing.


Later this afternoon after going grocery shopping, I spied a tot lot at the very back of Stratford Chase Park off of Kempsville. I knew the park gets plenty of activity for soccer and other sports activities, but had never noticed the tot lot before. I decided at about 530p I was gonna hit it up for an hour, in about 92 degree heat.



Luckily the place didn't disappoint. I hit the tot lot hot, and really didn't find all that much. It even looked like someone had hit it in the past few days as ther were some slppy holes in the chips. Anyway, I got off the chips and starting hitting up the grass surrounding. I also wondered through the field and over by the basketball courts.



Not too bad overall, 42 total coins (6 memorials not in the following picture) coming in at $1.90, well above my quota for an outting.



I actually headed over to an Elementary School tot lot right after, but my machine was so unstable there. There was a constant wrap around +95 to -95 that was just messing up everything and making it impossible to locate anything. I'll try another machine there and see if it can handle the situation better.

No comments: