Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Silver! Plus old GB Penny


After getting skunked at my sister's newly acquired property out in Carrollton, VA this morning, I felt I had to redeem myself at the g/f's parents' house. I've had two good hunts here before, the first scoring a WWII Army Air Corp Lapel Device... the second getting an 1830's US Navy Button.


I started along the driveway, and was pulling the normal clad. But as I moved towards the center of the front yard, that's when the good started coming.


I scored 3 Wheaties, '51 D, '53. '57, a '78 Canadian Quarter... and then the two sweet items. The first was a heart and flower motif .925 Silver Ring. The g/f recognized it as hers from when she was younger. The second item is now my oldest dug coin, a 1903 Great Britain Edward VII One Penny Was kind of surprised to see it in the yard, but then with many of the other finds I've come across in their yard, I shouldn't have been.





I also landed a full set of keys on a Manteo Motors fob. It had Cadillac door and trunk keys, as well as what looks like a Suzuki motorcycle or ATV key.



It was a great day to be out, and I had a wonderful day swingin' the X30.

No comments: