Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hopeful Carrollton chicken farm a BUST


It was a great morning to be up and awake today. Finally arose around 9:30a, got my gear together and hopped in the truck. It was just windy enough that the sun didn't really warm you up, but other than that, clear skies and beautiful.


I made it out to the land the old chicken farm in Carrollton, VA rested on. My sister recently acquired the property, and had no problem with me giving it a go with the X30. It sure was a nice 45 minute Sunday drive out there, really had my hopes up.


I started the hunt close to where I pulled up near the old building (you can see pics of it by checking out my entry from just a few days ago about the place). Right away I could tell there was plenty under the ground, but if there was anything good, it was being masked by all the trash from over the years piled on top.


The real promising section of the building, is just out of my reach. The portions I took pictures of are only the parts on my sister's property. Just beyond it are the remnants of foundation for the rest of the building that is no longer standing. Possibly much better finds in that area.


As you can see from the pics though, no keepers today. Lots of good signals, but they just didn't equal anything worthwhile. I did have some goats and what I guess are pheasants (or Guinea Hens?) around for entertainment though.




No comments: