Wednesday, April 15, 2009

S8RS: Wedding Band Recovered


Hey everyone, I'd like to start out by saying today was a good day in the day of recovery MD'ing. All throughout the pages of FMDF you can read stories of greatful people who were helped out by a fellow hobbyist, or reunited with a long lost valuable piece of jewelry. A lot of them are quite heart warming. From class rings decades lost, to recent wedding ring drops... a metal detector is many times the first line in locating the object.


That being said... I get a text yesterday afternoon from the g/f telling me to call her brother who is working on a house out in Norfolk, VA... and that he lost his wedding band on the site. I scheduled to meet up with him there this morning.


1030a and I'm off to the house. I showed up thinking I was looking for a white gold band. But he tells me it's Palladium. Well, I have no clue how Palladium is going to ring up on the X30, so my only real option was using AM mode, which would make the task tedious.


He told me the area he figured it could have been lost... basically anywhere 10' past and along the back of the deck, or along the side of the deck up near the house where they are working. Otherwise, he lost it UNDER the house



Well I search all over the area he told me, and then thought to myself... well, I don't know what it's gonna ring up as... I'll post on FMDF to see if anyone knows. I pulled out my iPhone and did so. Then I figured I would just pay attention to signals VERY close to the surface... it would be the only real way to discriminate.


About 45 minutes in, I head up by the crawl space, around the stuff they have out. Right away a very sharp +4 hits... I pinpoint and it screams at me (meaning it's less than 1" down). I stick the digger in and BAM, about half an inch, completely covered (after 2-3 days lost) I see it. Nice big men's band with the marking, "ArtCarved PD950."




It was a great day to be a MD hobbyist. Shortly after I got a text from his wife telling me, "You're the man!"



If you or anyone you know has lost something valuable, and are in the Hampton Roads area, and would like a free search and recovery, please drop me an email. The only thing I would ever ask for in return is permission to hunt the area it was lost, and for the further areas, possibly enough to cover gas. I look forward to hearing from you!


Sectshun8 Recovery Services
EMAIL JIMMY

No comments: