Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cold night at Tallwood, Jewelry!!!


After a nice taco dinner and a trip to Wal*Mart, I came home needing a fix. I wanted to head in the backyard and hunt around Tallwood some more. But... it was kinda cold, much colder than the night before.


I threw on my toasty US Army flight jacket, filled up my camel back with some water, laced up the Wolverine boots, grabbed my gear and off I went. I decided I wasn't going to hunt the same old area I always do. I keep going back there, and keep finding stuff, but surely other areas of the grounds can produce too.


I started in areas in front of the school, around where the children line up in the mornings, and leave at the end of the day. Those places didn't sit to well with me, lots of strange signals, and nothing really noteworthy. So I headed around to the far side of the gym near the basketball courts.


Not far into it, I landed a pretty loud, but scratchy +20 signal on my X30. It repeated in all directions. If you will remember, on Sunday, when my buddy Hollis found a great looking bulldog medallion, it rang up like this on my machine. I decided I'd definitely dig it. About 3" down I see a open circle figure, and I think sweet, a ring. As I push out the dirt from the center and around the outside, I can see it's gold in color and has 4 white stones in it. I had my flashlight in my mouth, so a muffled WOOHOO was all I could muster. I dropped it in my pouch and continued. About a foot away, another scratchy +20... after the previous find, no way I wasn't gonna dig this. Again, about 3" down I see a thick gold band and yet another WOOHOO! WHen I got it out it turned out to be an earring instead of a ring, but hey, it was pretty heavy, hopeful on the gold.


Sadly, after cleaning both jewelry items, neither has marks. And the ring is trash, it's gold painted garbage. The earring, though not marked, seems as though it might be plated, not sure. But hey, two rings in as many nights and another dollar in clad (plus a 1940 Canadian penny)... I'll take it!



No comments: