Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Greenbrier Church Tot Lot


Around 930p or so last night... sounds right, it was after Reaper came on the TV. Anyway, it was that time to head out for some more diggin'. There are two tot lots on Volvo Pkwy in Chesapeake, VA I've been wanting to hit. And tonight was going to be the night I finally got around to it.


I show up to the spot, pull in, and get geared up. The area the tot lot is in is fenced in. So like, you enter a gate, and there is a large grassy area, and then the play area is sort of in the middle of it all, woodchipped.



I started swinging in the woodchips to start off. I was delighted to start hitting targets all over the place, but bummed they all seemed to be memorials. After a good 45 minutes slowing making my way around, I scored a couple Mickey Mouse Disney pressed pennies, and a bunch of quarters.




I was done there, and started the grassy area. The dimes were really poppin' here. I was landing quite a bit of targets, so much so that to keep the hunt relatively short, I left at least what I believe to be $1 or so in clad still in the ground.


It was a great night to be out hunting. Very comfortable temperature, and making this the maiden voyage of my new knee pads, my knees were feeling great. Sadly, it had been about an hour and a half, time to get back home... so I skipped out on the second tot lot a little further away. Next time though.


Another interesting find for the night was a neat 1997 Philippines 1 Piso coin. Rang up like a nickel.


No comments: