Friday, April 10, 2009

Great day with coins and kids


Hey everyone and thanks for visiting the blog! I didn't get to MD today, but I did spend a bunch of time with the little one in related activities. She was out of school today, and has all next week off for spring break.


Anyhow, started off the afternoon taking her to CiCi's Pizza, 'cuz I know I won't get any complaints and she'll eat something. After that it was off to my most recent haunt, Candl Coins in Virginia Beach.


I feel like a regular now, I wear my Army hat to fit in The owners had bowls of easter candy out that the lil one had to dive into. They even let her behind the counter and chilax and stuff. I also got handed the keys to the cases to retrieve my own items. You just don't see stuff like that anymore, it's refreshing.


I really only wanted to go there to pic up the Air-Tites they ordered for me, but ended up spending nearly $80.


And to keep the youngin' entertained we found a sweet state map quarter book, that we agreed to do together so I could teach her the geography of the US, and collect the quarters at the same time. When we got home, I happened to have 23 different state quarters in the change jar, so it was a good start.


I ended up getting the Air-Tites, 100 2x2's, some cases for my Presidential Dollars sets I scored from the change at the car wash, and then I decided to pick up proof sets from my birth year (1981) and the lil one's birth year (2002). Hopefully if we can keep the common interest she'll appreciate it later on.


Anyhow, enjoy the pics. And one funny thing to note. After we put the last of the 23 quarters in the book, she asked me if when we got all 56 if she could take the quarters and buy something I had to explain the concept of collecting something and keeping it.


Thanks for looking everyone!






No comments: