Friday, April 10, 2009

Wood's Corner & Grace Lutheran

Around 9pm or so tonight I headed out. On FMDF a user make a comment about trying out grassy areas near grocery stores. The idea made perfect sense. And it just so happens I have a grocery store basically across the street with a large grassy lot next to it!




I popped on over to Wood's Corner and started scanning. My first three targets were all quarters, I was feeling good about this place. But as the hour drug on, it was more apparent there was more can slaw and trash than anything good there.


I packed up and decided I'd head out to a spot I haven't hit in nearly a year, the tot lot at Grace Lutheran off of Providence. They also have a large field surrounding two sides of the church where tons of activities and sports take place throughout the year.



The tot lot (highlighted in yellow above) proved fruitful, lots of dimes. I scanned the whole thing, rounded up another dollar or so, and then headed out into the field. There was no rhyme or reason to my swingin'. Just walked and swung. Didn't find much other than trash out there, which surprised me a bit.


Anyhow, here is the goods. $2.49 over 29 coins, and some random other objects.


No comments: