Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Carrollton, VA Chicken Farm


I had a busy day planned for Wednesday, so much so I had to make arrangements for someone else to keep Taylor after school. A few days ago I promised my sister I'd trek out to her place and help laying down some concrete.


I started the day like most any day, getting up at 10am, shoving the young'n off to school, and heading out to the gym. After the gym it was a quick trip back home to get the appropriate attire.


I made it out to her place in Carrollton, VA around 2:15p, it sure is out in the middle of nowhere. I'd been to her place before to try out her land for MD possibilities, and pretty much came up empty.


She recently purchased the property next to hers, which used to be all wooded and you could barely see it. It's an old chicken farm on the property, the owners live in PA. However, no one there at the moment knew how long ago it was operating or whatever.


Anyway, I attached some pics, maybe you all can judge. The whole old property actual extends about twice the distance of the first full image to the left, but that portion someone else owns. The structure is cinder block, wood, and tin/aluminum roofing. It has metal drainage ducts built into the cinder block portion, and in the wooden area there is an old Frigidaire walk-in freezer that screams Texas Chainsaw Massacre.


Anyway, I'm hoping to give it a go this weekend.






No comments: