Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still Made It Out - Atlantic Shores


In spite of that rain that came through, it was short lived. Only maybe an hour or so worth of wetness. So around 9p I decided to head out, with lightning on the horizon.


I was once again trying out my "Nickel" program in an area I've hit with success a few times before. I told myself there was no way I was leaving without finding at least one. My first signal for the evening was a 3" quarter, must have been one I missed on the previous trips.


The going was slow, very slow. I ended up getting a weird signal at one point that I told myself I had to dig. About 2" down my Vibra-Probe 570 was going off, but I just couldn't get the target. After searching around in the muddy hole I finally pulled this out... I was excited at first... but as you can see, I shouldn't have been... it's AVON.



Not long after I got another weird signal down there in the nickel/foil range that I couldn't resist. This time I have no clue what it might be, but as you can see in the image, there's some gold color under there... I wonder?



Anyhow, I kept hunting the old area and had found just over $1.00 in clad, plus my nickel, and was about to head out. But there is so much area here, all the way around the church, that I decided to head around back for a bit... and glad I did! Quarter city. It was like swinging here the very first day. I cherry picked only dimes and above and landed one after the other. Then I got it, a +90. I told myself, "No way!" It was a solid signal, 3" deep, wasn't bouncing around... could it be my first half? Nope, but it was in the same amount... 2 quarters sandwiched together in the hole, haha. I had heard of this happening to others, but this was a first for me.


Anyway, on the walk back to the truck I spied two little amphibious friends enjoying all the wetness outside. Usually the school behind my apartments is swarming with frogs/toads and I never remember to get a pic.




So here's the totals for the night, 28 coins @ $4.13... that makes about $20 I've pulled from this church.


No comments: