Sunday, August 23, 2009

Half Hour School Hunt, Muddy

The other day while driving around I spotted a local elementary school I've never been too... and it had construction going on in the back. I was stopping by a house of someone who lived nearby and they said their development was built in the 70's, so the school probably is no older than that. Boo.



We have had some monsoon type rains so I was hoping for some nice soft soil to sink the Lesche into it. Well I got more than I asked for. The ground was super saturated, and I sank in it while walking. My flip-flops didn't have a chance. Definitely was the day to be wearing some boots and socks as my feet got all muddy and nasty.



The hunt itself wasn't much better. The tot lot was clean, no finds to speak of. The surrounding areas had to have been picked before. I found a recently dropped quarter and a few dimes, but not much else.



I did find one thing of interest and something that I feel better about myself now for finding. An old knife. Many members on FMDF have found lots of these, and well... I never have, until now. 8 coins @ $0.68.


No comments: