Saturday, August 15, 2009

DF Surf PI, Beach Time

Had to drop off Ash down on Atlantic for Day 2 of a bachelorette party, perfect excuse to throw some batteries in the Dual Field Surf PI and hit up the beach!


Drove my new Tundra down to the lot and beach access off of Croatan, second time its been there in the past week, but the first time for a MD mission.



The beach was lightly populated down this end today. We have had lots of storms and plenty of rain, so I'm sure that kept a good portion of the locals away from this spot today. When I was here a few days earlier this beach was PACKED, so I really felt there might be some goodies held in the sand, dry and wet.



I started in the wet stuff. From the cut to a few feet into the water. I brought too much stuff with me, and didnt have anyone on shore to watch things... so I didn't get deep enough to wade and hit the spot where the waves break on shore to hopefully score some good stuff. I was very surprised how deep I was getting with the PI, and was hitting a lot of small metal that I would have been impressed to find in the dry stuff, let alone the wet.



Not wanting to get my pack wet (phone and camera) I moved up to the dry sand, in between cuts, and landed loads of bottle tops and 14 coins, at $0.99. It was my first real beach hunt, and it was a great two hours... a shame one of my flip flops went MIA.


No comments: