Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back for More at Atlantic Shores

It was huntin' time again this evening. At 7pm I had two hours to get packed, drive the 1000ft or so to Atlantic Shores and bring home the goods until TrueBLOOD was to come on. I love that show, can't believe season two is almost over!!!



Anyhow... after my last hunt when I was cherry pickin' quarters, I decided to actually hunt that area in full this time. I also wanted to get some use outta my 4x6 BlueMax DD. So I started with that coil. Not sure I'll ever get used to it. It worked out fine, don't get me wrong, but having that little thing down there just doesn't seem right. I was able to score a few coins and some trash with it. I really need to find where it will benefit me the most to use. Because, as it is, the VDI seems to be pretty good, but the depth is so off you need to start saying to yourself 1.5" whenever you see 4.5".



After 30 mins of that I went back to the trusty 950 coil and started to reel in the coins. Quarters once again were poppin'. And would you believe it, about 10 ft. from the +90 double quarter hit the other day... I got another! Same thing. You can see in the pic where the two quarters were together keeping those parts shiny. Never would have thought something like that would happen to hunts in a row! 28 coins @ $2.92.



Lastly, I found this ring today in the Taco Bell parking lot... same place I found the .925 charm bracelet a while back at. It's a junk ring, but it's still a ring. I "beep'd" my hand over it and the g/f looked at me like I was crazy.


No comments: