Friday, August 21, 2009

Midnight PI

Well as much as I hated not making it to the beach earlier, I gave in and headed out at 1030p Wednesday night to try and make up for it. I took the DF PI along with me this time, and hit up the same general area I recently did with the BHID. Only real difference is I spent the entire time in wet sand. The tide appeared to be heading out, and it was wet sand from life guard towers on down to the water.


I really enjoy the PI in the sand so much better. At least I know when I hear the threshold difference it's time to dig... sad that it's always a surprise though. Anyway, hit up the wet stuff from 35th to 30th... nothing really of note. I did score a neat little dune buggy hot wheel that I swear was 10" down, lots of diggin' for that one.



Most of the targets were not more than 2 scoops, except for a few coins right at the water line that I had to battle the water for. 10 coins @ $1.00, a dune buggy and a busted Timex watch. Loads of bottle caps and more bobby pins...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed you. I sure got a lot of coins and tent pegs. That dune buggy sure does look like the one I found. Was thrilled to find four foreign coins in one outing. Hope we can get up again some time. Still looking forward to a Larchmont hunt when the weather cools off a little.