Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Beach Day Lost

My day pretty much started with only one thing on the agenda, going to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen with my friend Chris. Well, it didn't stop there. Night Hawk called me and said he was heading to the beach for low tide at 230p. I was already on my way to Norfolk for lunch, but figured I could meet him there later on. No luck. I made arrangements with Ash's mom to meet her up at the house around 5pm to fix some computer issues for her. After that, our friend CeCe was supposed to make it over for some UNIX tutoring.


So I never made it to the beach. Which is sad, because for the past few times I've tried to meet up with Dave, he's scored gold, silver and other rings. I did decide to play around with my XLT though.


I went into my program I've been using to find all my silver this year and made some adjustments to hopefully make it better suited at finding things in the nickel/gold range, as the way it was, I had all but +19-+21 notched out. So I opened up my range from +10-+25 hoping I could land some items I had missed in the past.


I headed over the Ash's parents house to try it out. Yeah it was a big negative, NOT ONE NICKEL!!! I did land a clad dime at 7" and one single wheat penny (so it wasn't a complete failure). But riddle me this... how the eff does a memorial penny ring in as a +81 at 6.5"!?!?! A +81 at 6.5" to me screams something good. Well it wasn't, WTF!? At least there was the pool to cool off after doing it all in the heat.


Here's the goods, 6 coins, 15 cents, and some beaver tails.


No comments: