Monday, September 29, 2008

9/28 Bayview @ Oceanview


So this past weekend I ended up house sitting for the g/f's sister in a much older area here locally. It's in a section of Norfolk called Ocean View... well the Bayview part of OV, a block from the beach. Anyhow, included in my stuff to take over there, was my X-Terra 30 and my BHID 300. It wasn't until late that I got over there Friday night, so I held off on the detecting until Saturday.

Saturday started off pretty normal. I slept in, went to the mall with a friend, walked the dog, filled up the eXtreme Big Gulp cup... all was good. Around 830p my buddy Matt and I were headed back to the house where the g/f and some of our younger chica friends were getting ready to go out. We were just waiting for them to leave, so we went out in the backyard to walk around. And here you have the wildlife. All of these pictures were taken in the dark... you sure can't tell though. Crazy good pics though right? If anyone is all zoological or entomological, and can ID those spiders... that'd rock!








So the girls left, and we started hunting around the yard, and the little grassy areas between the street and sidewalks... those areas are goldmines! Most of what you see in the group image was found in those areas except for one of the wheats which was in the side yard.



As you can see there were plenty of targets. The wheats were all 50's... but I just thought it was awesome that I quadrupled my wheat count in one night!



The only other curious find was this piece of metal that looks like the state of CT... my guess is a trigger... anyone else?



We did not hit up the beach out there as planned. Ocean View isn't exactly the friendliest of areas, especially at night.

No comments: