Monday, September 15, 2008

9/14 DF Surf PI Trial

On this day I ended up at beach with the g/f and the little one. It was the perfect day out, sunny, not retarded hot, and a great breeze. I brought along the Dual Field Surf PI to give it a short go while we were there.

So as it turned out, we parked on 47th street, and walked up to the beach. Now this section of beach has what seems like at least 100yds of dry sand before you even reach the cut. But down this end, though crowded, everyone is usually really close to the water.

Most of my day ended up entertaining the lil one at the water line rather than getting much needed practice with the PI. I did however give it a go for about 15 mins, maybe a little longer and DID pull a few items. As you can see in the first attached image, it wasn't much... oh, and it was right at the cut. I was just glad I found something, as this end of the beach get's about 1/4 the action as areas 10 blocks away.

No comments: