Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/24 Laurel Cove Parks

Yesterday evening around 615p I called my buddy Matt (the one who I introduced to detecting this past weekend) and told him I was on my way over to his place, about a 17 mile drive. I knew there was this community park near him that I just realized had a big tot lot wayyyy in the back.

So I show up just shy of 7p, loaded down with backpack 'o goodies, 64oz eXtreme Big Gulp cup full of Dr. Pepper with a twist of Mountain Dew, and two detectors, the ACE 250 and the X-Terra 30. He says, oh, there is another park in the neighborhood and directs me to it. It turns out to be Laurel Cove Neighborhood Park. It was small, but had a TL and seemed promising.


Now Matt is still in the learning stage, and I try and coach him as much as possible. It also didn't help I only had one digger with me and we had one flash light So though we covered the area, I wouldn't doubt there is still a bit more than may have been missed. I'm pretty methodical about my search routine, slow walk, overlapping swings, really try and make the most out of it. Matt was pretty much everywhere I gave it to him though, he was not of clear mind if you smell what I'm smokin’...errr, what he was smokin' I got bored with that park and then we drove off to try and find the entrance to this other park I knew of, and could see from Great Neck.


This park turned out to be Colonial Oaks Neighborhood Park. The TL was MUCH larger, and this place also has a very large recreation field. It was very dark by now, so we just did the TL. Same errant swingin' by Matt, but what are you gonna do So in the last image you'll see our finds for the night. Trash and clad... a decent amount of clad that I'll take any day.

This outing was more of a getting Matt used to detecting, so we can take the two beach machines out this weekend to the resort area and hopefully find something worth our time.

BTW... the two park pics were taken with Google Maps StreetView, haha. I had my camera last night but soooo didn't take any pics. So that was the best I could do.

No comments: