Friday, September 5, 2008

Not only 1 new MD, but 2!

Good afternoon all. A few of you might have known I put myself in the market for a beach detector. There were a few to consider. Both the models you see above, from White's... as well as the Excalibur II from Minelab and even the Sea Hunter Mark II from Garrett.

For the past month I have really been researching all of the machines, and I really had decided from the beginning, that after my success with my X-Terra 30, I was going to continue on with the Minelab brand. Only thing that stopped me was the $1200 price tag.

I had also started reading lots of reviews of the Beach Hunter ID 300 and how well it was performing. Many reports even hinted to it going deeper and overall being better than the Excalibur! So my interest had been grabbed. I started looking at the BHID300 more and more, and just kept reading more great things. Even people I correspond with on a daily basis and had recently purchased it were going on and on about it.

But...

Then came the new Surfmaster Dual Field PI PRO from White's. Seeing thread after thread of this thing in action online, really started to make me a believer. Sure you can't discriminate, but results are what matters!

I shopped around online and called a few places. I wanted one of these detectors, but man, the price tag wasn't cheap either. But after a month of looking, calling, talking, researching... I found my deal after placing a Craigslist ad saying how much I was willing to pay. Not only did this dealer contact me with a great deal, but it far surpasses any deal i had heard of up to that point.

So I got both. That's right, BOTH. I'll be back on shore September 10th, picking them up at the shop on the 11th, and ready to do. Be assured you'll get a nice comparison review on these detectors, as for most people I realize the choice isn't to get both, but which ONE.

No comments: