Monday, September 29, 2008

Chicago Dual Drum Tumbler: TWO THUMBS UP

After dropping off the lil' one at school this morning I was dead set on hitting up the local Harbor Freight. I've never been to one before, and honestly, in my naive opinion, I figure most of what they sell is cheap crap, so that's probably reason number one I've never stepped foot in one.

So I drive on over, thankfully only maybe 5 miles away... walk in and wow! This place is like man heaven, haha. They pretty much have everything a guy could want in that store. So really having no clue where to start looking, I just browsed around. I go down the aisle with home safes in it and low and behold I find the highly sought after Cen-Tech "pinpointer". Two on the shelf. A little farther down the same aisle and I come across some jeweler style magnifying glasses... I pick one up... further down, coin rolls and coin sorters... I couldn't resist. I did also see plain white nail aprons for like $1.99, can't beat that. When my TC's and White's aprons get too trashy, I know where to go for a backup!

I end up looking all over for that Chicago Dual Drum tumbler. Nearing the power tools, I see it. Up on the very top shelf, only two of them. I'm tall enough so I scooped it up. Turns out it was on special for $36 (I think regularly around $50-something?). So I bought that, but couldn't find the replacement belts or the abrasive to put in it anywhere, even though it was advertised in their store flier. I didn't have time really to browse much more, so I purchased and left.

The Chicago Tumbler, IMO, is pretty sweet. It gets the job done quite well and doesn't hurt the wallet. I tumbled about $3 in pennies, $5 in dimes, $2 in nickels and $10 in quarters... each for about half an hour with no abrasive, just water and dish soap. And jeebus, I was very surprised at how much brown came out of those things, haha. I know with abrasive it would have been better, but at least they are much cleaner than when they went in.

Two thumbs up for the Chicago Dual Drum Tumbler!

No comments: