Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gift of Gratitude

Today, I finally made it down to the post office with my stack of envelopes bound for both domestic and foreign destinations. Contained in these envelopes were an assortment of the above Iraqi Dinar bills.

The top left one is a 5 Dinar bill from the time of Saddam. The blue one is a 250 post-Saddam Dinar. Yellow is a 1000 post-Saddam Dinar, and the purple is a 50 post-Saddam Dinar.

To a few of my foreign friends I also sent an assortment of current US coinage, including those from our 50 States series as well as the Lewis and Clark Nickels.

These gifts are in reply to the abundance of low-denomination foreign currency packages I recieved from all over the US and across the pond. If you recieve my letter in the next few weeks it means I did not misplace your address. However, if you are a reader of my blog and feel you were left out, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will be more than happy to send over a letter 'o dinars.

To put the Iraqi Dinar in context, $1 USD is equal to toughly 1.135 Million IQD.

No comments: