Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/28 Dark and Wet at Trantwood

Well tonight around 1030p I got that itch again, and it was a great night to scratch it. The temp was 55, perfect for me to get out and find that treasure. So I headed off to one of my regular spots that I feel has the most potential of any of my normal haunts to produce some silver coinage. It's a school that I know has been around at least since the 50's, so I mean, why not?

Instead of hitting up the tot lots like I do so many times, I decided to stay in the grass. I started in the grass across the parking lot from the main entrance. Most of the trash you see pictured was dug from that area. However, the 5th signal I hot was a nice strong +40, which on my machine means quarter all the way. Well it wasn't a quarter, but it was something I ID'd right away being that numerous members here have found it as well. It's one of those "Good Luck" tokens. This find in itself was enough to make my hunt, being that it's my first non Chuck-E-Cheese token I've landed, and first of 2009.

I had plenty more targets landing 23 coins in all, over $1 so I met my quota. The last signal I dug for the night was on the way back to the truck, and again it was a strong +40, so quarter here you come. The temp had dropped to about 43 and after 2 hours, the fingers were starting to feel it. I pulled it out and saw the date read 1965 and wanted to throw it back Sooooo close, maybe next time


No comments: