Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

Well it's the end of yet another fine trip aboard the Ocean Odyssey. We had out last safety meeting of the trip, things were discussed, awards were handed out, helicopter video was watched... and yes, I was officially wished a Happy Birthday!

It came as a surprise, as nearly everyone on the boat had done so when it happened, on 12/30. But today the cooks came out with a great looking chocolate brownie cake, and even inscribed "Lebron the King" on it because of my basketball prowess here on the boat.

Speaking of which, the finals of our shooting contest were today. A best two out of three match which consisted of 3 minute rounds, score as much as you can. I lost the first match 12-10... I won the second 5-6 (I called the match after beat the other players score) and then the final make or break.... I LOST :( 20-12. The seas are pretty choppy out here, so it made shooting interesting. It was great fun though. And finishing 2nd is great in my book for anything.

SHOULD BE BACK ON LAND TOMORROW!

1 comment:

David Lemley said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jimmy you have a great blog and maybe this summer if your in va beach we can hookup and do some detecting together .