Thursday, January 29, 2009

FMDF Auction Wins

I really do enjoy FMDF. So much that probably 85% of my time online is spent there. Naturally, I was stoked when they decided to organize a Silent Auction as a site fundraiser. The first week had lots of great items donated by members. Everything from old copies of Yeoman's Red Book and uncirculated coins, to MD company gift packs and old collector's pieces.

Wanting to broaden my "collection" of US coins, and be able to rival those of my dad, I decided to bid on a few items. The two I won I was very excited about.

The first one I received in the mail was the two coin lot of both D and P mint 2005 Kennedy Half Dollars in uncirculated condition. The image I provided does not do the coins justice. They are truly pristine.



The next items have a story to go along with them. They are 1923 and 1924 Peace Dollars. Winning them brought a huge smile to my face. And knowing who they were donated by, I had no waiver in confidence that I would receive them.

A few days after the win, I received a message updating me that they had been shipped. A few days after, I got a message asking if I had received them... which I had not. But it was a holiday weekend, no surprise. But after two weeks, still the coins had no shown up. My online friend wasn't too happy either, understandably.

Well today, guess what shows up? Yup, the coins. It's a good thing the coins weren't harmed, but the packaging sure was. Some rips and tears, and stickers saying it was received damaged... as well as hand written notes meaning that there was no such name at the address, and to try a different address. That was very strange, as the original address written on the package is 100% correct, so I don't know what happened there. Anyhow, here are the pics.




No comments: