Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/29 Alanton Elementary

730p came around quick tonight. I had spent a few hours today researching our local elementary schools to see which ones were best case scenarios on finding silver. In my research, I located one school which is modern now, but has been on the same site since 1839... I plan on hitting it up this weekend.

Anyhow, I circled another early 60's built school in hopes of scoring my first silver coin. I got out there about 815p, and the temp was a brisk 32. I left at 930p, and the temp hadn't changed.

Lots of good digging. There was a girls basketball practice going on, so parents waiting out in the warm cars probably were watching me intently. Having never been here I just hit a few areas to get a feel for the place. I did score two 60's quarters, just none old enough to net me silver.

But I had a great cold evening, landing 31 coins @ $1.88.

Below is an top down view of the area. The two areas outlined in black are where I searched today.

No comments: