Thursday, August 28, 2008

SEMIFINALS: Odyssey Summer Table Tennis Tourney

The Quarterfinals were full of excitement as favored players fell to unsuspecting talent.

My match against Craig from South Africa was pretty much a cake-walk. I won in straight sets, 21-8 and 21-18.

We have decided there is quite an advantage to playing on the far court nearest the water, as opposed to being on the near side. Returns from the near side tend to go long.

Anyhow, other news. Willie beat Nervis in three sets, but due to a scheduled crew transfer, fellow American, John will be taking Willie's place and going up against the favored to win Ronnie from the Philippines.

The boat is backing me and are cheering that I beat Egil. I think he is a better player than me, But after watching his previous match, I noted he is weak on his backhand to his left side, so I'm going to try and use that to my advantage.

Wish me luck, as I have the weight of the crew on my shoulders!

No comments: