Sunday, August 10, 2008

From The Archive: Summertime Award 8-9-08

After finding that WWII pin earlier in the day, I was pretty psyched about getting out and hunting again. While out driving to a cookout being hosted to a co-worker of the g/f, I noticed a good sized tot-lot at a church visible from I-64 that happens to be on S. Newtown, which I believe is technically Norfolk.

I had all intentions on heading over there when I left my apartment at 10p for what would be my last hunt during this 5 week period home. But as I left, I remembered right around the corner from me, there are two churches, with a daycare in between them that has a pretty good sized playground covered in chips.

So that's where I went, to THE SHED at Atlantic Shores Baptist.

This was a wood chip tot lot, but under the chips was hard rock solid ground and/or sand with tons of pebbles in it. And the chips were only maybe an inch deep. But I tell you what, this place sure did a number on these coins. They are all stained orange pretty much. This place seemed pretty virgin, as I was hitting all over the place. I know I left a bunch there, so it'll be primed when I'm able to get back to it, and preferably after a rain so the ground is softer.

$3.18 in clad total, as well as this neat Boy Scout National Summertime Award.

No comments: