Friday, August 8, 2008

From The Archive: After Dinner 8-7-08

Not waiting until it got dark this time, I went out to the school behind my place and started doing the fields. I have yet to do these, always just tore through the tot lot.

Anyhow. I started in a far corner near the fence line, and really only found twist caps and slaw. By on of the trees however I did find three bullets (appear to be 9mm after comparing to my own 9mm rounds) all within a few feet of each other, all reading a 16 on the VDI. They are unfired, but outside of the casings, just the bullet. My only hang up on them is that they have flat bases, whereas all my modern 9mm ammo is concave, so that may hint to their age.

I got bored digging slaw so I decided I'd head towards the tot lot to brighten up my day. On the walk towards it I just was swinging randomly, and hit a 32 on my VDI. That tells me, ooh, a penny. So I dig it, spot on, a penny. Within a 3 foot radius I found 17 pennies and a dime. And can I just say, the Minelab's pinpointing feature is sooooooo much better than the ACE 250s. It's always center coil and quick to target.

After diggin' all those memorials I was like, "Geez, can't ONE of these be a wheat or something!?" None were. It was getting dark and I was getting tired, so I left probably another 20 VDI 32 hits from the same area undug.

No comments: