Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Theodore, AL Middle Bay Port

Well here I am in the abandoned US Navy base that was never to be. Back in the mid-90's with the Brac List, this place was shut down before it started. Now it's full of empty buildings and rotting old equipment. Here are some pics from where I am at, Middle Bay Port, Theodore, AL.

Morning here at the port. Rear crane of the Olympic Titan in view.


Little crappy peninsula right off the dock area.


Down the dock, huge spools of nothing.


My ship, the M/V Ocean Odyssey alongside.


The Orion Pioneer, heading to Africa to be a supply vessel.


Olympic Triton, very big, have no clue what it's purpose is.


Olympic Triton ass end.


Ocean Scout decommissioned Floating Rig.


My Mexican co-worker Jose Ramos.


Pelican dancing on rope.


Pelican about to fly away because I snuck up on him.


Pelican just jumped off the rope.

Pelican flying away mad.

No comments: