Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/5 South Norfolk, Last Hunt for a Month


Anywho, the other day while driving on I-464 here in Hampton roads towards Chesapeake, I spied a large play area that to me seemed like would be an offshoot of Freeman Ave in South Norfolk *cough* ghetto *cough*

I had almost gone over there during the night to swing, but decided against it, and went during the day today, and brought my buddy Matt just in case. I didn't have my GPS with me, so finding it was rough. I went down Freeman, but none of the roads led over there... using my iPhone locator, I found taking Rosemont would get me there... which it did.

So we roll up to the South Hill play area and my buddy Matt, who was beside himself for unsaid reasons, was feeling really nervous about being here. Let's just say anyone from Compton, CA wouldn't be stranger here. But we get out, and detect away.

Had plenty of targets, and a decent clad haul. Found tons of plastic hair clips and beer tops. Almost my all time high in one outing with regards to pull tabs. Also found my first Chuck E Cheese token, yay! And a small bullet, maybe a .25 ACP?



The whole time there was a house with what looked like Craig, Day-Day and Smokey sitting out front eyeing us the whole time. If you don't know the movie reference, just Google, it, haha.

So yeah, it was a good day to be out, and glad I satisfied the urge before leaving land again.

No comments: