Monday, October 13, 2008

Oct. 13th brings the TOISA CREST

This morning was a pretty interesting one... however don't let that fool you into thinking it wasn't boring as hell. I went out to start my gangway watch shift at about 5:52am, and all was pretty normal. Around 7am, when first light was breaking, the good stuff started.

I was looking out towards the bow of the Skandi Neptune across the dock from us, and saw things in the water. It was a mass of dolphins! A few minutes later one after the other they started jumping our of the water flipping and spinning. It was pretty neat, and very unfortunate I did not have my camera out with me at that time.

At 730am, I peered a vessel headed towards us.. it was orange and tan. From a distance, it looked red and tan, and I though maybe it was a PGS boat. But as it got closer, I could tell it was not. I had remembered hearing another WesternGeco contracted boat was coming in, so I figured it was it. Sure enough, as it turned away to back in, I saw it's name, the Toisa Crest. It is owned by the UK company SeaLion, and is being contracted out by WG to be a source vessel (same thing my boat does, only my boat was made for it). The TC looks like a converted supply boat, as all it's gear is out in the open on deck. It must suck for those guys. Anyway, here's a few pics of it from this morning... my camera kept getting foggy, so I hope they look fine.





No comments: