Sunday, August 1, 2010

Renaissance Festival - Larkspur


The title of this post should say enough. Today was the last day of the 2010 Colorado Renaissance Festival held in Larkspur, CO. It's a big deal to the g/f each year, and we only live 45 mins away, so I couldn't find a reason not to go. All in all, I'm glad I did.

As you can see from the title pic, I scored a rad 3 horned Viking helmet from a vendor called Rena's Leather, owned and operated by Rena Branco. It was definitely the highlight of my day.

It was just a really awesome day. I walked around the huge fairgrounds with my gypsy clad g/f and took in a few shows. The jousting was awesome, the hauntingly beautiful music performed on the carillon perked my eardrums, and the live comedy acts of "Charming & Dashing" and "Puke & Snot" were worth admission by themselves.



But don't think I just walked around. As you, my fellow hobbyists know, we can't just walk around and not peer at the ground. By doing so I landed $1.21 in clad, one being a Sacajawea dollar coin, only my second I've ever found.

And finally I'll leave you with a few more images from the day, hope you like them, and maybe you'll patronize your local Renaissance Festival in the near future.







No comments: