Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finds Journal


Hey folks, I felt I just had to share this with you. As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of Ginkgoware's i-Detect software. It really is the perfect cataloging software for our hobby. But don't think for a second I don't write down most of that stuff before it ever gets digitized.

While at the 2010 Colorado Renaissance Festival this past weekend, I stopped by a vendor called "Under The Mango Tree". Owned and operated by "The Journal Guy", this place was packed full of amazing, handmade journals that use wonderful "tree-free" 100% acid free cotton paper.

I chose the nice small pirate clasp journal because well, it seemed to suit the hobby perfectly. It's full of hundreds and hundreds of pages, and if it ever gets full, just contacting The Journal Guy and sending it in can result in it being refilled.

For all of you "pirates" out there who keep hand written records of your finds, why not invest in an artfully crafted item to log it all down.

No comments: