Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to Longmont


I made it back out to Longmont again today, this time by myself. My mission was to hit up the third park on my list that Troy and I were not able to get to. This was Collyer Park. As with the parks yesterday, this one is old... but I definitely a day late and a buck short. They did have this sweet buffalo/bison carved out of the of the old trees though.



At one point, not very long into my hunt, a middle aged Mexican gentleman came over to me and asked if I spoke Spanish. I told him enough to get by and we exchanged a few sentences his telling me about gold in Mexico yadda yadda, then he asked me how much one like mine costs and when I told him he said it was too rich a hobby for his blood. I entertained him long enough and he was on his way. About half an hour after that, a group of "special needs" kids were enjoying the park, and two came over to ask me about what I was doing. You might not believe it, but yes... I was nice :) Though for the next hour one of them was at about 20 paces away following me around.

Not much else to it today folks, so here it is, 57 coins @ $3.57. Today's hunt nets me my 2nd most monthly coin total since I started as well as being the most in face value in a given month during my metal detecting career, yippe!


No comments: