Monday, August 30, 2010

David Lovering: Rocker, Magician, MD Hobbyist?


After researching a bit about Bill Wyman, I found evidence that another member of a well known rock band is also pretty big into our hobby. Turns out the drummer from the 80's and early 90's group Pixies is also an avid hobbyist.

On his Twitter account @davidlovering he lists one of the things he enjoys as "metal detecting." And in an interview with a New Zealand new srouce, when asked about stories they've heard of him wandering around unearthing treasures, he is quoted as saying, "I like finding things with it, it's exciting. You never know what is going to turn up - it's a fun hobby. I've found an engagement ring, a cocktail ring. I live in Los Angeles, so when I'm in other cities I go out walking around and looking."

David is a self-described "Scientific Phenomenalist," and has a degree in Electrical Engineering.

No comments: