Monday, August 30, 2010

Flashback 2007: Bill Wyman


I bought my first metal detector in the second half of 2005, it was a Garrett ACE 250, bought it from the Navy Exchange system, more specifically, AAFES online. I didn't even really use it until around 2008 when I really picked up the hobby. I remember, just before joining FMDF, or thinking about the hobby seriously, I was browsing online about the various machines and I came across the most unlikely thing... a "celebrity" sponsored metal detector?

Recently a member on FMDF posted about the same machine and I thought I'd bring the wonder and amazement I felt from seeing it for the first time here, to share with you all, as many of you might have never even heard of it... especially those of you like me here in the US.

In April of 2007 Bill Wyman, 30-year veteran bass player from the Rolling Stones and avid amateur archaeologist, got together with C-Scope (a well known UK MD brand) to develop, market and release a "Signature Series" metal detector. Sadly, I don't believe there are any US dealers of C-Scope, and it's a round-a-bout thing to order directly from C-Scope and have anything shipped here. If you do look into one, expect to pay about $180 USD + shipping for brand new.

Check out a plug from 2007 regarding it HERE.




I have no experience with the machine, nor do I know anyone who does. It appears to be a more entry level VLF machine... similar to maybe a a Tesoro Compadre? If any of my readers in the UK happen to have one willing to sell and ship at a thrifty price, please contact me, I'd love to give it a go.

No comments: